Saturday, February 22, 2014

Sketching at the Botanic Gardens

I went to the Wellington Sketchers meetup at Wellington Botanic Gardens. I decided to sketch around the gardens rather than walk down through Thorndon.



There was a brass band concert on at the Soundshell, so I sat and sketched that. Lots of people were having a picnic lunch listening to brass bands from all around the North Island. This isn't normally my thing, but it was a beautiful, sunny day and I rather enjoyed it.


While I was waiting to meet up with my family wandering around the gardens, I saw that they had put a series of art installations around the gardens. This one was where they hung clothes in amongst the trees and flower beds.





A gratuitous photo of the Bay of Islands, North Island, New Zealand (photo by Jonas)


No comments: